POWERSEEKER ACCESSORY KIT - 1.25"
- This economical seven-piece accessory kit enhances the performance of your Celestron PowerSeeker, or most any other telescope
- Includes two full-size 1.25” eyepieces, three eyepiece filters, a cleaning cloth, and a case
- One medium power and one high power eyepiece give you a new perspective on celestial objects
- A Moon filter helps block out some moonlight so you can see more lunar detail, and the two color filters (Red and Blue) highlight features on Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn
- A hard plastic carry case keeps everything safe in the foam-lined interior
The Celestron PowerSeeker Accessory Kit is a great way to expand the enjoyment of your telescope. Inside the plastic, foam-lined carry case you’ll find these accessories:
- 15mm Kellner Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 9mm Kellner Eyepiece - 1.25”
- #80A Blue Filter - 1.25”
- #25 Red Filter - 1.25”
- Moon Filter - 1.25”
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Eyepieces - The 15mm and 9mm eyepieces can be used in any telescope with a 1.25” focuser. Each eyepiece is fully coated to improve light transmission and protect the optics. The 15mm Kellner eyepiece offers a nice medium magnification view in most telescopes, and the 9mm provides high magnifications, great for the Moon and planets, especially when seeing conditions are good.
Filters - Colored filters can be used to bring out certain details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. Both planetary filters, as well as the Moon filter, can be used on any 1.25” eyepiece with the proper filter threads, so they are very versatile. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.
- The #80A is a medium-blue filter that enhances the contrast of the cloud belts on Jupiter and the polar ice caps on Saturn. It also can be used to increase contrast on the Moon if you don’t mind the color shift.
- The #25 filter is a deep red color and is a good choice when you want to define the polar ice caps on Mars. It’s also fun to use this filter when observing Jupiter. The #25 Red filter blocks quite a bit of light coming through your telescope, however, so it is best used on bright objects with larger aperture telescopes.
- The Moon filter is one of the first accessories most new amateur astronomers buy, and for good reason! It helps block out a portion of the light the Moon sends into your eyepiece so that you can see details better. You can also try this filter on Venus; it helps you see which phase she’s in.
Cleaning Cloth & Case - Keep the microfiber cleaning cloth stashed in your PowerSeeker Accessory Kit case so that it will always be handy. It’s better to use a microfiber cloth on your optics than wipes or tissue, as it will not leave a residue, and can be reused. Remember to blow or brush any dust particles off of your optics before rubbing them with the cloth.
The black plastic carry case has die-cut foam inside to protect and cushion your accessories. Keep each one in its appointed place when not in use and you’ll keep them looking and performing like new.
If you have used this product or recently purchased it? we would welcome a review to help others make an informed choice.
Please click on this link (Review Page) and let us know what you think.
it only takes a few seconds and we will reward you by adding £5's worth of Focalpoint's to your Focalpoint Rewards Wallet for you to use aginst additional purchases at Focalpoint or for you to cash out as a Gift Voucher.
We look forward to reading your comments.
Kind Regards The Focalpoint Team.